Click here to search the Register.
The FCA is the registrar for ‘mutual societies’:
- Registered societies, including:
- Co-operative societies; and
- Community benefit societies
- Credit unions
- Building societies
- Friendly societies
Our Register will tell you whether a society exists, along with other details
including their registered office address. Any public documents relating to
a society can be obtained. These include registration documents, annual
returns and accounts, charges, and rules of a society. We do not maintain
a register of directors.
To obtain public documents relating to a society:
- Search the register and see if the document for that society is available
electronically to download; if not
- Click here to request a copy of the document.
Details of the fees for public documents are here .
For more information about mutual societies please visit our main site.
The FCA also provides a Financial Services Register of regulated firms, individuals and other bodies.